Saturday, October 21, 2006

What do you see each time you look into the mirror? A reflection of yourself? Or a reflection of emptiness? Emptiness inside, feeling lost. You splash water over your face, expecting the cooling sensation to take your mind off things, but you're efforts were in vain. You're mind starts to swirl. You know you brought this over to yourself, and yet, you can't seem to let it slide. How do you cope? You know it ain't easy, but you still hang on, each day...Why? You live each day, showing no regrets, but deep inside, you're feeling every single sting. You kept on telling yourself, what should be done, but no matter how hard you try, there will still be traces, traces in the sand which can't be covered up, no matter how hard to wind blows. You're tough on the outside, fragile within, but you never show your emotions, yet, the people closest to you, they know. They're the ones holding you together each time you crubmle. You feel sorry at times, that you can never care for them as much as they cared for you, that you are not there each time they needed you. It takes time, for broken pieces to mend, traces to fade. You know that, you know people care, but you don't know what to do anymore...

************
Just this afternoon, I was having my lunch in a restaurant, saw 2 kids, a small girl and a small boy, playing and running around, I remember me and my bro were like that too when we were young, about 3-4 years old. I still remember, it was in Selangor Club ( the one in town ), everyone clad in formal attire would be enjoying their meal, my bro and I would be running around, making alot of noise, I have to admit, it was really irritating for the people dining there. Few days later, a letter was sent to my parents, asking parents to control their children's behaviour - make sure they don't run around at the club. Few days later, we went back to the club. This time, in the dining area, a sign was up, "Please ensure that your children don't run around" or a sign saying something like that, I've forgotten, it was more than 10 years back, till now, I still remember my bro and I were having so much fun back then.

Back to the present, the 2 kids were having so much fun. Each of them taking turns, " Daddy! Daddy! I wan step on your feet, then you walk me there k? " The father did what the kids wanted, the face on the kids says it all, they were smiling and laughing the whole way. Then something happened, the small girl, called the obviously elder boy by his name, I found it weird, shouldn't she be calling "KorKor" or something? Not wanting to ponder upon that for too long, I continue my lunch while watching them play. A woman walked by few moments later, the father said to the boy " Your mummy's here already, time to go.." The boy went to the mother's arms and both mother and son walked out the door. " Bye daddy! " That was the little boy's reply. I stop munching at that moment. I started to understand, why did the little girl called the boy by his name, instead of "KorKor" or something similar. This time the father carried the little girl in his arms and sat down. "Lets go, mummy's here already. " the father said few moments later as a woman walked over. All 3 of them exited the restaurant, moving the opposite direction the Mother and the little boy went. It was all becoming clear to me, I was saddened by the sight. I know its hard, especially for the little ones, not having an opportunity to turn to both his or her father or mother when they need to, only having the chance to turn to one.

Those who are going through these circumstances, I can't say I know what you're going through, but, I know one thing, you all are the strongest, you all possess the strenght and courage within which I can never imagine to have. My appetite for that hour was gone...

No comments: