Sunday, November 26, 2006

I opened my eyes to a new surrounding. Nothing was familiar at all. In fact, everything was pitch dark. I threw my hands frantically just to get hold of something. The sound of breaking glass filled the room moments later, I had just hit over something. Where am I? Something wasn't right. I struggle to find any source of light, but my efforts were in vain. There I stood, in darkness, not knowing what to do next. My hands continue searching and at last I got hold of some curtains, I drew opened the curtains wanting to see the shining light, but everything was still in total darkness. No wonder I wasn't feeling right at the very start........ I had lost my vision..blind. I collapse on the floor, not accepting the truth. I crawled all over just to find a door, to escape from this nightmare.

I turn the doorknob and I made my way through everything blindly. I ran as fast as I could, not thinking about the consequences. The next thing I knew, I felt a dislocated ankle. I fell from the stairs, thumbling and falling awkwardly, landing on one of my ankle. I continue crawling as my tears roll down, I was in pain.

I held my head up high, pushed myself up, I was blind, but it seems as though I know where I wanted to go. Dragging along my dislocated right foot, I went on. Bearing the pain, holding back the tears, I was told to be strong, even though I know it in my heart it hurts. Everytime I felt the piercing pain, I shifted my thoughts on something else. Long after, the pain wasn't affecting me at all. It seems like miles, but I held on, blinded. Moments later, I find myself on the ground once more, this time, the pain was coming from by lower torso and my head. I couldn't move. It seem that I was knocked over, by a person. I heard footsteps around me. Walking back and forth. None of them offered me a helping hand, I was left on the ground. Some even trampled over me. I couldn't see the figures but I heard and felt everything around me, happening to me. I couldn't bear the pain any longer, I screamed in agony, but was ignored. My instinct told me to just give up, but something told me to hold on, only for that much longer.

Just how long more would that be? Minutes, hours, days, I passed out, not knowing anything...

I finally opened my eyes, gaining sight for the first time after so long. I knew it then, knew all the pain everyone was suffering, and I felt it. Felt it in every part of my body. I stared below me, watching, I'm glad that I'm able to stand here, from above, guiding everyone, every person, sharing the pain and suffering, for I'm everyone's guardian angel.

No comments: