Monday, January 01, 2007

01.01.07

Just last night I was in 1u for countdown, at first it was a whole bunch of us, then we split into two groups since one wants to go to curve and another wants to stay in 1u. Local artists such as Gary Cao Ge, Nicholas Teo, Disagree, Pop Shuvit were there, Genie and North all the way from Taiwan and Australia were also there. Though, some people left right after all the chinese singers sang their part, they couldn't care less if it's North on stage or Elvis, they just left. The cheers went down, at that moment, the international artists seem invisible. But, everything was still alright, countdown went well, fireworks were okay. It's hard for me to describe the atmosphere, lets just say everyone had a fun time welcoming the year 2007!!

Kar Yan!!! Thanks for your presents!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Last thursday, few friends and I headed down to Genting. I brought everything cept my jacket, so basicly, the few trips to the outdoor theme park were enjoying and the same time, kinda freezing, freezing but fun. Anyway, we really made sure that nobody was goin to starve, one whole traveling bag was stuffed with food - reeaaaaaaly heavy!! I carried it =)
  • Checked in Awana
  • got to know the existance of the series " Bawang Putih Bawang Merah "
  • missed the bus to the cable car station
  • all of us felt lazy to wait another hour for the next bus
  • decided to walk to Gotong Jaya for further options
  • ended up taking the same bus we're suppose to wait for
  • froze myself at the outdoor theme park
  • ate alot
  • spun Wei Liong, Sun Mei, myself to death in the Spinning Teacup
  • headed back
  • queued up for the toilet ( 14 sharing one room )
  • huang ming speaks terrific chinese when he is high
  • bread, bread and more bread for breakfast
  • made another trip up to Genting
  • haunted adventure was so-so la
  • finally sat the flying coaster
  • froze once more
  • headed home
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Its 2007, but I can't seem to let go of 2006. Sure, college will be fun, but separating from friends will not. So much things I wanted to say, but nothing seems to come out right. We meet new people every now and then, make new friends, but will close friends in the past be forgotten to make room for new ones? Only we, ourselves, know the answer to that question. It seemed only yesterday that I was welcoming the year 2006, my last year in high school, and my last major high school examination, how I prayed for the year to end fast, prayed for the examinations to be over. How different it is now, not wanting to give up year '06 so easily. Life goes on. Today is the first day of the new year, a new year, a new experience, a new resolution. Look forward to year '07 and live everyday to the fullest, I know I will. Close friends will forever be close friends, enemies and strangers will turn into friends. Forget them we will not, remember them we shall, let them be a piece of our memory forever.

No comments: