Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Every ticking sound from my Titus watch...

I listen....

Seconds past....

As I peered outside the window towards my surroundings. The first thing which caught my eye was a huge billboard about ICT learning above the highways, everything seem so normal. My eyes wandered a little further up, and there it was, a widely spread ocean, the light breeze eased my eyes, the relaxing sensation was all I need to keep away the competitive and tense atmosphere building all around me. I felt calm, felt as though I was in a room all alone, with no worries, and yet not feeling lonely at all. I was looking directly towards the blue skies...

Minutes past....

My attention was back on the History paper on my desk....

11:30pm~
"Ride with us, roll with us, fly with us, come with us, on this journey" the lyrics echoed, I felt the beat around me, in me, as Pop Shuvit was rocking on the stage. I glance at my watch, 30 minutes to go, thats all the time we have to gather everyone, thats the time we have before the fireworks go off, thats the time we have to be next to everyone.

15 minutes to go, our group split, went looking for other people, scrambled all around. And time past,
The countdown started,
10....where was everyone?
9....few of us were already waiting outside
8.....what about the rest?
7....our attention turned to the stage, as Joey G was counting off
6....5....4....3....2....1....MERDEKA!!

Fireworks shot up towards to skies.. The skies above Ikano and The Curve....Beautiful, Lighted, Booming.
Things would've been more perfect...
If the spray thingy didn't get all over me,
If the group hadn't split,
If everyone was together,
If the fireworks display was longer,
If the bunch of people at the corner wasn't trying to sell their country flag for RM10,
If only you..
If only...
You
were there....
Right beside me...

No comments: