Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Its the hols, and yet, I had the audacity to wake up at 6am, got myself suited up, and off i went...jogging. Gloomy skies, light breeze, and yes... the "oh-so-powerful" strong fragrance of horse 'shyt and urine fills the air. I can spend 2 extra hours in bed, sleeping comfortably, but instead i chose to breathe the 'morning air'.

Well nuff of that, so I came back, relaxing my tired legs as I sat down flipping through the papers. As usual, news about Siti and Datuk's wedding were printed. If all of you would think with me for one second, is having your grand wedding aired live on local television such a good idea? and even allowing the public to attend it? So there you are, standing tall on one of your most important day of your life, beside your wife-to-be or future husband, walking table to table, acknowledging the presence of your love ones and friends, introducing your soul mate to them, and then you stop at a table. You see faces you've never seen before so you expect them to be your partner's friends. You turn to your partner, waiting for him or her to introduce you, but they turn back at you, their expression tells it all, who are these people? Yet, some of the public actually fancy the idea of the wedding being AIRED LIVE, whats up with that? You talk about recent events happening around us, they'll be lost. Just mention bout Siti's wedding, everyone knows about it.

Lets face it, we all know that celebs get most of the attention. Heck, even reporters prefer celeb news over some environmental or nature related news. Siti's wedding captured front page headlines couple days back, but why don't I see the extinction of leatherbacks appearing on front page headlines? I see people following up on the wedding updates day by day, wouldn't it be great if the same amount of attention and interest could be showed to the leatherbacks?

People are aware about celeb news like the wedding, but are they aware about things happening around us? Just to list a few...

  • At LEAST one child dies every minute, suffering from Pneumococcal disease
  • Every 3 seconds, a child dies from extreme poverty and aids
  • And yes.. the leatherbacks are becoming extinct =.="
So i'm done with the papers, that brings me to this, blogging... I'm suppose to spend time studying later, but I wonder will that be achievable? Guess the guilt of not studying hasn't kicked in yet, and I doubt it will, maybe the weekends perhaps? I surely hope so... I sat in my chair, spinning in circles, will I be able to live up to my parents expectation which required me to score like hell?
(*note to all - score like hell means seriously score, score till its impossible to score anymore)
(*mental-note to self : definitions like that could be excluded, everyone knows what you mean)

Before signing off, I would just like to wish Yi Lyn and Jin Ern, Happy Birthday! May all your hopes and dreams come through!

No comments: